From standard modules, you can create a perfectly sized swimming pontoons for a beach in an inland waterway, use it as a boat pontoon to attach a smaller boat, or build a floating sauna on the modules. For examples of options, see below.
When planning a swimming pontoon, it is worth reading these articles:
- Boat Pontoon – 3 important things to consider when choosing a pontoon
- Location of the pontoon – 5 factors of nature to assess
Swimming pontoons come in three standard widths: 2 m, 2.4 m and 3 m and three standard lengths: 4 m, 5 m and 6 m.
Anchoring takes place using concrete anchors, mooring chains, mooring piles or mooring diagonals. In the case of a single-module pontoon, only a ground support is sufficient and it is not necessary to install anchors. However, pontoons consisting of several modules always need to be anchored. We recommend leaving anchoring to us, as we have the necessary special equipment to carry out the work safely.
- In our web application you can test all the ideas about the size and layout of the swimming pontoon. You can also see the cost of the project. The guide is here.
- Are you an engineer or an architect? Models of all our products and sample port solutions can be downloaded from the ProdLib catalog. You can find the user manual on this page.
The strong load-bearing structure is made of pressure-impregnated softwood and the decking is profiled to avoid sliding. Also, the wood materials used are sorted by strength and finger-jointed, ensuring top-class quality and durability.
Metal parts are protected from environmental impacts with hot-dip galvanizing.
220 l hollow plastic floats:
- are lightweight and easily transportable;
- they can withstand freezing, hits from stones and UV rays because they are made using rotational molding technology;
- they are small in size and have a low draft and are suitable for waterways with fluctuating water levels or on swampy soil. This feature allows you to use it in special projects, such as ramps of sailboat schools and rowing channels.
A range of accessories are available, including side decking, ladders, railings, fenders, mooring rings, lighting posts and a lifebuoy set. Noble wood decking and LED-lit bollards are available for those looking for an especially exclusive look. In this article you will get ideas about what accessories are definitely worth consideration.
Swimming pontoons maintenance
Although the swimming pontoon is practically maintenance-free, to guarantee longevity, we recommend that you:
- wash the decking in the spring and autumn with a pressure washer or brush and treat it once a season with a wood preservative that offers UV protection;
- regularly check the condition of fasteners and hinge connections;
- remove the ladder from the pontoon in the autumn to avoid damage by ice.
You can find these and other suggestions in the article: “How to properly care for a swimming pontoon?”.