Using standard modules, you can create a boat pontoon with a suitable length, shape and load capacity (see the examples below), and you can successfully use the floats under a floating sauna or a floating platform. An existing pontoon can be extended later in length and width.
- Want to quickly try out solutions that are on your mind? Do it in our web application! If necessary, you can find the guide here.
- Are you engaged in the field of hydraulic engineering? Models of boat pontoons as well as all our other products are downloadable in the ProdLib environment. The user manual can be found here.
Boat pontoons come in three standard widths: 2.4 m, 3 m and 3.2 m and three standard lengths: 6 m, 8 m and 10 m.
The boat pontoon can be positioned horizontally or longitudinally with the bank, and anchored with concrete anchors, mooring chains, mooring piles or mooring diagonals.
When planning a boat pontoon, also read these useful articles:
- Boat pontoons – 3 important things to consider when choosing a pontoon
- The location of the floating pontoon – 5 factors to consider in nature
- Water depth measurement – the most efficient way to reduce the construction costs of a small boat marina
- Which Top Marine Floating Pontoon to Choose?
The strong load-bearing structure is made of deep-impregnated softwood and the decking is profiled to avoid sliding. Additionally, the wood materials used are sorted by strength and finger-jointed, which guarantees top-class quality and durability.
All metal parts have been made resistant to environmental impacts with hot-dip galvanizing.
Boat pontoon floats are manufactured using rotational molding and filled with EPS foam, making them resistant to UV rays, ice and hits from rocks.
A range of accessories are available, including side decking, ladders, railings, fenders, mooring rings, lighting posts and a lifebuoy set. You can make your pontoon especially exclusive with noble wood decking or LED-lit bollards. You can find recommendations for accessories in the post “Accessories to Make Your Pontoon Feel Homey – 6 Products to Consider Installing“.
Boat pontoons maintenance
Although the product is practically maintenance-free, we recommend that you check and clean the boat pontoon according to the instructions before the new season in spring and after using ends in autumn. Summary of more general principles:
- To extend the lifespan of the decking, it should be washed with a pressure washer or a brush and treated with a wood preservative that protects against UV once a year.
- From time to time, you have to check the condition of fasteners and hinge connections.
- To avoid damage from ice, the ladder should be disassembled from the pontoon in autumn.