Heavy duty pontoons are intended for use in boat and yacht marinas that are protected naturally or by a breakwater, where the permitted wave height is up to 0.5 m.
- If you want to visualize your ideas for floating pontoons, try our web application. If necessary, you can find a guide here.
- Are you engaged in design in the field of hydraulic engineering? Models of all our products can be conveniently downloaded from the ProdLib catalog. The guide is here.
Heavy duty pontoons are very stable and with high load-bearing capacity, which means they can also be used as breakwaters or floating platforms. In the latter case, for example, a shelter, a floating house or a floating sauna can be built on top.
- Standard widths of the pontoon are: 2.4 m, 3.2 m, 4.2 m.
- Standard lengths are: 9 m, 12 m, 15 m, 18 m, 20 m.
- Freeboard height is 0.49–0.7 m.
Pontoons come from the factory with dry brushed surface and without wood decking. You can buy boarding made from high-quality impregnated knot-free timber as an accessory.
A range of accessories are available, including wood decking, side decking, railings, ladders, fenders, bollards or mooring rings, lighting posts and a lifebuoy set. The pontoon can be made especially exclusive with noble wood decking or LED-lit bollards. Read also: “Accessories to Make Your Pontoon Feel Homey – 6 Products to Consider Installing”
Heavy duty pontoons maintenance
Heavy duty pontoons need little maintenance, but we definitely recommend to:
- clean the surface of the pontoon with a pressure washer once a year;
- to wash the decking with brooms or a pressure washer and to apply wood preservative that protects against UV once a year;
- occasionally check chain fastenings, fasteners and hinge connections;
- remove ladders and booms in autumn to avoid damage by ice.
PS! Also read these posts: